IPMA International Project Management Association aims to honour with this new award extraordinary project managers, project teams and/or project organisations for their outstanding contribution for implementing Diversity in Project Management (DiPM).
With this DiPM award, IPMA rewards project managers, projects, project teams and/or project organisations that put diversity in project management to good practice by demonstrating excellence in diversity and inclusion in project management. Participation in the award is free for any interested project (management) organisation. Depending on the number of participants one or more award categories may be established by the award organization i.e. project manager, project, project team and/or project (management) organization.
Objectives of the DiPM award:
– Identify good practices in diversity management in project management;
– Identify and award excellence in good practice application of diversity management in project
management, projects, project teams and/or project organizations;
– Stimulate good practice diversity management in project management, projects and/or project
– Demonstrate and disseminate the effect of good practice diversity management on project
Diversity in project management
Diversity (and inclusion) in project management refers to the so-called core dimensions of diversity i.e. differences in age/ generations, ability/ disability (physical, mental, psychic), ethnicity/ race/ cultural/ migrational background, gender, religion/ belief/ world view and sexual orientation/ identity/ gender expression. These are consistent with the legal framework of the EU, where they are called grounds of discrimination (source: European Commission, Implementation Checklist for Diversity Management, 2012).
IPMA is looking for parties who can demonstrate good practice in diversity in project management to come forward and participate in IPMA’s Diversity in Project Management award process.
Applicants are invited to demonstrate in writing their level and way of application of good practices as demonstration of excellence in diversity and inclusion as success factor in project management related to the following 10 criteria of DiPM:
1. Stimulation, recognition and addressing of diversity issues in project management;
2. Leadership attention for promoting diversity & inclusion in project management;
3. Level of inclusion (i.e. beyond Anglo Saxon male employment within project management);
4. Diversity KPI’s and measurable benefits (which ones…?);
5. Level of innovation: Have innovative approaches been applied, which have resulted in a step up
from business as usual and delivered real benefits;
6. Level of impact on diversity practices beyond immediate sphere of influence (i.e. outside the
project or project team at hand);
7. Level of sustainability: Will the applied diversity practice leave a lasting legacy and can it be
replicated in other projects?
8. Equal opportunity and reward;
9. Attention for work/life balance;
10. Good practices for inclusion (child care, handicapped facilities etc.)
Participant should support their claims with as much as documentary evidence as they deem necessary in the appendices of the supplied participation format, which helps the jury to assess the claims forwarded. A virtual interview with the jury (or jury representation) may be part of the award assessment process. (The application in total including appendices not being more then 15 pages A4 (Ariel font type 10).
The international jury of project management experts from IPMA will select the most appropriate Diversity in Project Management award nominees and winner(s) based on the assessment of the applications. The decision of the jury will be binding and cannot be challenged by participants for any reason.
Chairperson of the jury is Prof. Dr. Yvonne Schoper from the University of Applied Sciences in Berlin, researcher on Project Management, Diversity & Inclusion as well as former president of GPM (IPMA Germany)
Participants can enter the IPMA DiPM award process by completing the application form and returning it to firstname.lastname@example.org before 28/02/2017. Participants have to forward their application report before 17/03/2017 to email@example.com. There is no application fee related to the application for this award. All costs for attending the award gala ceremony in The Netherlands (i.e. travel, boarding, lodging etc.) are on the participants account. Each award nominee will get 2 (two) free entry tickets to the award gala.
2017 DiPM Award Schedule
10.02.2017 Invitation for participation of DiPM
17.03.2017 Closure of entry for participation
27.03.2017 Publication of IPMA DiPM Award nominees (max. 3)
27.03.2017 Invitation for nominees to attend IPMA Award Gala
10.04.2017 Award gala ceremony in Maurick Castle, Veghel, The Netherlands 14.10.2017 Publication/press release of DiPM Award winner
The administration of the DiPM Award takes place by IPMA-NL Events & Awards Further information can be obtained through firstname.lastname@example.org.